- Friday | December 27, 2019 to Saturday | January 4, 2020
- All Day
- Cormorant by the Lakes, 19 Pryce Rd, Banksia Peninsula, Vic 3875
Cormorant by the Lakes Summer Camp
Cormorant by the Lakes camp offers relaxation, friendship and adventure activities, all in a beautiful, safe, family friendly setting at our very own 4 Hectare campsite on the Gippsland Lakes. Meet friends, new and old, and enjoy spending time in a relaxing waterfront campsite.
What happens on camp?
Each day we come together for meals but there is no formal program. With our own café grade coffee machine in our lounge, you may find it hard to raise yourself from a coffee and a good book, but there are numerous activities for you to choose from, including:
– Walking or bike riding along the many tracks and beaches on the Peninsula
– Swimming, canoeing and kayaking at the beach
– Sailing on the lakes (Cormorant has its own flotilla of yachts for you to try)
– Water-skiing and Ski Biscuit Rides (Small extra charge)
– Cricket, Volleyball and other sports
– Craft Activities
– Mountain Bike Trail Rides and Winery Tours
– Trips to town for shopping and browsing
– Campfires for leisurely evening conversations and bush cooking
– Animal Spotting.
– Celebrating the New Year by watching multiple sets of fireworks from our own beach view!
Where do we sleep?
Cormorant has many spots to put up a tent or caravan. It’s a large site with plenty of room and shady spots so you won’t be squashed in. We also have several camping platforms for those who would appreciate a raised “Glamping” experience! If you don’t have a tent, let us know and we can organise for you to borrow one.
There is an amenities block with a laundry and we have two multipurpose buildings for eating in and lounging around on those long summer days.
How does the food work?
At Cormorant we live in a shared community together. Everyone is expected to help out with Meals and also with teaching others a skill you might have such as Sailing, Cooking or a craft activity.
We have a roster that everyone participates in – from the oldest to the youngest! Each main meal is usually co-ordinated by one key person and others then help out with the food prep, table setting and washing up in the commercial dishwasher etc.
We find that it is good fun and a great way to get to know your fellow campers while you serve the community together. You’ll be preparing the food in a large, well equipped kitchen, and all the meals and ingredients are taken care of, so you don’t even have to worry about that.
Who goes to Cormorant by the Lakes?
Individuals and families of all ages! Including people from St Hilary’s Network and their friends who don’t necessarily go to church.
Default booking is for the whole week, but part time attendees are welcome
For more information, please speak to the camp coordinators,
0438 276 400 | email@example.com
0412 368 879 | firstname.lastname@example.org