- August 18, 2018
- All Day
- Mt Buller, Victoria
- 0438 017 080
Join us for a day at Mt Buller in the Victorian High Country on August 18th 2018, no matter what your skill level or choice of skiing, boarding, tubing, snow play or just hanging out.
Please visit the official Mt Buller website for all information about the resort, including purchasing tickets, gate entry and maps. There is also the Mt Buller App which is very helpful and I encourage you to download.
We are trying to make this as logistically flexible as possible in the following arrangements:
- All costs are personal and no fees are paid to the church
- All transport, equipment and food are to be personally arranged. Equipment can be hired on the mountain which is the easiest, but also costs more for the convenience. If you are hiring off the mountain, please discuss this with the driver so to be sure there is space in the vehicle and/or time can be allowed for stopping along the way to hire gear.
- It is recommended to buy resort entry online before arriving to save some $44 online or $55 at the gate
- If you would like to car pool for this event and you can’t contact people directly, talk to Katie Holloway to see if we can connect you with a vehicle that has a spare seat. We do not guarantee that there will be spaces available.
- All transport costs are to be covered by each vehicle. Passengers need to contribute to Fuel, Snow Chains if needed, and Resort Entry Fees (and we suggest that the passengers cover the cost of the driver as a way of thanking them for taking their vehicle and driving). Please pre-arrange this so there are no surprises or disappointments on the day.
- Snow sports are considered dangerous activities and as such, we actively discourage people skiing beyond their abilities. We discourage people from pressuring others to do harder runs or activities which the person is reluctant to do. We encourage people to ski in at least pairs or small groups and discourage individual skiing as its not as much fun and dangerous if you have an accident.
- We will meet together at the beginning of the day at 9:30am and for lunch at 12pm in the Town Square at the top of the stairs here:
If you have any questions about the day, please contact Katie Holloway or Richard Bruce