*Please change giving my February 28th*
We are currently in the process of switching to a new giving platform called Tithely, which makes giving more user friendly and saves significant fees for our church. If you are currently giving or have recurring giving set up, we would love for you to move to using Tithely by clicking the ‘Give online’ button above.
Why Should I Give to the Church?
The Bible teaches that if you’re a committed member of a Church community then you should support that church with time, prayer, service and money.
Each of you should give what he has decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
– 2 Corinthians 9:7 NIV
We urge you to pray and fully consider your commitment to serve God’s people and use the opportunity to do so. We greatly value the generous support of our people towards the work of our church.
How can I financially partner with St Hil’s?
Members of St Hil’s give to the life and work of our church in so many ways. On this page, you’ll find information related to financial giving, and on other pages on the website you’ll find information about how to get involved in other ways around our church and our ministries.
Money raised by St Hilary’s Network is used to not only support the work of the services and programs within our church, but 15% of our offertory is also used to support our Mission Partners both within Australia and around the world. On top of this, over 7% is given to support the Diocese of Melbourne.
The main ways of giving regularly to St Hil’s are
- Credit Card (Tithe.ly) – Click the Give Online button above to give by Credit Card through our partner Tithe.ly. This will allow you to create an account, set a Recurring Payment and update these details at any time. You can also download an app on on your mobile phone to manage it all.If you are not comfortable setting this up yourself, contact our finance team and we’ll be more than happy to walk you through it or set it up on your behalf.
- Direct Debit – If you would prefer to have the money debited directly from your bank account, you can set up a set up a regular payment to St Hilary’s via your bank account online. Please specify the sender’s name and service in the Reference field for identification purposes.
Bank Account Details:
Account Name: St Hilary’s and St Silas Anglican Church Partnership Account
Account Number: 134 986 348
- Cash – Each week during most of our services we pass around an offertory plate that allows people to give with cash. You can also make cash donations to our finance team during office hours at John Street
- Cheque – Cheques should be made payable to ‘St Hilary’s Anglican Church’. Please place your cheques in the offertory in our services, or bring them in to our offices in John street during office hours.
- Envelopes – If you would like to give via numbered envelopes, please contact our finance team and we can get this set up for you. Simply bring your envelopes into our office during our office hours, or place them in the offertory during one of our Sunday services.
Contact the giving team
Our finance team is here to make giving as easy as possible for you, to answer any questions you might have, and to provide any help you need.